dimanche 4 octobre 2015

Movie Review : Lucy


My reading pace have been slow lately , due to Job hunting and other miscellaneous things so instead of carrying with the books I have , I decided to watch this Sci-Fi movie which have been on my "to watch" list for almost a year now . 

here is a link to the trailer

Movie Cast :
Scarlett Johansson
Morgan Freeman
Amr Waked
Min-sik Choi


Lucy is a Luc Besson Movie; it's about an American girl called Lucy who studies in Taiwan . Lucy (Scarlett Johansson) have been double-crossed by her Boyfriend,   she found herself in the midst of a huge synthetic drug deal, where her body will be used as a vessel to get the drug to Europe . Ignorant of the effect of the drug on the human body, Lucy's captives gave her a beating and abused her , that's when the synthetic drug -CPH4- leaked and got into her system . (I will stop here so that I won't spoil the movie for you)

Two main point to mention ;
According to the movie :
1/Humans only use 10% of their brain capacity
2/Lucy with the help of  CPH4 is capable of reaching 100%  of her Brain capacity



The movie was quite captivating , with an intriguing  quest , that of Lucy trying to reach her 100% brain capacity with the CPH4 drug , the conversations and the documentary vs movie bits where at some point informative and nice to see the shift  between two different styles of filming.
The   movie  more about asserting our abilities and what we are capable of  doing than that of introducing a new concepts .

I loved the cosmological side of the movie and , it related us back to nature and what's around us , I also loved the highly accentuated feeling of vibrations and molecules , the astonishment  of Lucy when she taps into a higher level of consciousness .


A lot of quotes were on point too , like this one


Another point that must be mentioned is that Professor Norman (Morgan Freeman) based all his Lectures in the movie on the theory of Evolution which has long been debunked for being false


The execution of the movie and the choice of Actors was good,  but I have to confess that the finale was mediocre and poor . Using their Idea I would say the potential of the movie was 100% but the execution plus the finale winded up reaching only 70% . It could have been better . Stars-wise I'd give it 3,5 out of 5 .

More quotes :


Morgan Freeman as Professor Norman :


1 commentaire:

  1. I'm someone who has lived a life seemingly in the background, I must say this final indignity I have suffered almost too much to endure. You see, I have been sickly and weak since the day I was born and doomed to go through all my life a weakling. I seemed to have always suffered from one illness or another and could never play with the other children as I so desperately wanted to. Mother always made such a big fuss over me, also, making the situation worse as the other boys teased me mercilessly after they saw it. I was browsing  the internet searching on how i could be transformed into a powerful when i came across the email of a man named Lord Mark. who was a VAMPIRE so I told him that I has always dreamed of becoming a  VAMPIRES, All i did was just to follow the procedure that i was been told, and i bet you that procedure I took change my entire life to something i ever desire, freedom, sickness free, pains free, fame, influence, connections and even more that i can. Thanks to Lord Mark. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    RépondreSupprimer