jeudi 24 septembre 2015

Book Haul #1 : Waterstones VS Ark bokhandel

Book Haul #1

(Waterstones VS Ark bokhandel)

Books I got from Waterstones :


When I am in a such wonderful bookstores I tend to go for big books and bulky complete works or collections and anthologies . because the chance to be in such bookstores doesn't happen that often .
Waterstones was my first real bookshop experience . I felt in my element and I was hardly able to leave the store .


My first decision was to buy the Complete work of Edgar A. Poe , It was a must for me , he is one of the Very first authors that I read for , basically the one that got me through my teenage-hood (along with Baudelaire) and will always be something vital in my reading experience . a vital Tome in my Shelf .


My second decision was to buy Oscar Wilde's complete work , I was torn between either  buying "The importance of being Earnest or the Picture of Dorian Grey , then fell on the collected works . so without doubt bought it instead . what's better have a single book or two ? or a Whole Tome of Wilde's work ? of course a whole TOME ! 


Later on I wanted to buy something that isn't most likely available in Tunisia , so I stumbled upon this Vampire Anthology which I instantly fell in love with . This book which I find hauntingly beautiful focuses on the Myth of vampires and studies their origins and tracks down the source of those legends From the  moors of Scotland to the lands of Vlad The impaler . It without doubt a great RIDE.


Books I got from Ark Bokhandel :

So the deal was like this "you get Three books the Fourth will be half the price !" 
So I went for the deal , Books are technically the cheapest thing in Norway , from what I experienced. everything was taxed except books  . Ark bokhandel was simply another Bookworm's favorite corner , they always have discounts and special offers like the one i just mentioned. it's simply a Heaven for book Readers.
Here is  a  concrete comparison between Al-Kitab bookstore and Ark Bokhandel : the Lord of the rings Trilogy will cost us 120dt if we bought it from Al-kitab but in Ark bokhandel it only costs 60dt (Half the price)


I was going after Philp K . Dick's Scanner darkly , I found a hardback copy that costed almost the same as this 5 Novels paperback Collection by the same author . buying  4 more novels for the price of a single hardback copy is Certainly the  best deal to make . (this is the book I ended up having for half the initial price)


I always looked forward to reading this Jeff Vandermeer's Trilogy , He's quite the precursor in his own genre and in the Steam-punk genre which makes it hard to label him , he might be a Steam-punk addict and he might have written about it a lot but his Fiction is hard to pinpoint into one genre and that's what I always look forward to in his books.



Airport pickups : *My favorite random and amazing pickup* 

This one I got when I was on the run in Frankfurt airport to catch my flight back to Tunis-Carthage , i got a snack then when I was about to pay for them I came across it , it was like its meant to be . I grabbed it without having second thoughts , Because Chris MacCandless' story  is honestly the best  yet most heartbreaking nonfiction  I have ever read . and this books is like behind the scenes of Chris' story written by Jon krakauer; Who is a better writer to write about Chris than his own sister ?





2 commentaires:

  1. THE WILD TRUTH is in my wishlist OMG *.* , lucky you , enjoy them all and i'm sure i'll be here for the reviews haha xx

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. You can Find Jeff Vandermeer's Trilogy review in this post , http://thesleeplesswanderer.blogspot.com/2015/09/favorites-summer-reads.html

      Supprimer