mercredi 30 septembre 2015

Favorites & Autumn TBR


My Favorites :




  •  Ibookpile.com



This is simply a Treasure for Bookworms . you'l find almost all series and Ibooks you are looking for , and if you don't find it , you can leave them a recommendation and they will upload in a matter of days/weeks.



  •  Overdose:
This is basically my new favorite corner in Sfax , It opened recently , Its a coffeehouse/dinner with a Cultural theme , artistic events will be held there along with an amazing bookshelf as you can see in the picture below . Overdose will literally provide you with an overdose of books , art and food .





  • UB Reader
This is a very very recent discovery , I grew tired of using Aldiko , and the books I was looking for weren't available , so I started a search and found this gem , you can easily get hold of a lot series with UB library + Ibookpile *wink wink*



Overview of my Autumn TBR list : 


  • Non-Fiction :


- The soul's code : In search of Character and Calling :

I had this on my TBR for more than year now , I always read few pages from it then leave it for months then go back to it (on and off , on and off ...) Not because the content is not interesting , but because the content of the book , needs time to sink into one's psyche , each time I read few pages I end up pondering about several things that were mentioned in it .

This books deals with psychology , sociology , and philosophy and a wide range of other topics all included in one book . This book will simply open your mind to a whole other set of possibilities and alternatives in life , it will certainly challenge your perspectives .




- The Wilde Truth:


this one is a very dear book to me , I always loved and appreciated what Chris MacCandless.  Although I think he was a bit  foolish in certain decisions ,  he is  still one of my all time favorite human beings.


  • Fiction : 

The Time Machine : (Read and reviewed)

Full review here 

- Doctor Who : Nighshade
I am reading this book due to the fact that I am a HUGE fan of Doctor Who , so finishing all the seasons and waiting for the new one to come out isn't enough for me . so I downloaded a couple  of Doctor Who Novels/scripts to read , and this is the one I am going to start with .



-Hannibal
Hannibal , Hannibal , Hannibal !!
What shall I say about this one ?  Silence of the lambs and Hannibal rising were a bliss
so after finishing with the Movies and the Series , I decided to Read the Last part since it hasn't been filmed (as a movie nor a series) yet .


-Lost Tales of Mercia:

These tales  are in the form of Historical Fiction , telling about the times where the Viking Danes invaded parts of England, That's to say parts of  Mercia , Wessex and Northumbria , But the Focus in these Tales is Mercia.

*During the 10th Century England consisted of 3 Kingdoms : Kingdom of Northumbria ( approximately current day Scotland and Newcastle ) Kingdom of Mercia (approximately current day Northern England - from  Lincoln to Chester in the north to Essex and Gloucester in the south) and Kingdom of Wessex (approximately current days' southern seaside meaning from Kent to around the Half of Current day Devon )


- Red Queen (and It's sequel Queen song )

I have come across this a lot recently and a lot of book-tubers recommended the book (+add to that , the fact that the cover is amazing) so I am intrigued and If I like the Main Book I will eventually read it's sequel .



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire